Happenings at the inn.
William Cox Festival and Open Day
Sunday 17 July from 9am - 3pm
Arms of Australia Inn Museum 9am - 3pm
Every year on the third Sunday in July, the society holds an Open Day to celebrate one of the most important achievements in our early colonial history - the building of the road across the Blue Mountains by William Cox in 1814.
Displays and activities include:
NSW Corps of Marines re-enactments, merry-go-round and jumping castle, old fashioned school room, horse drawn wagon rides, Light Horse Regiment, animals and pony rides, displays, music, food and stalls.
Arms of Australia Inn Museum
Welcome to the Arms of Australia Inn Museum in the Penrith Valley at Emu Plains, NSW, Australia. The inn is administered by the Nepean District Historical Society (NDHS), and is situated at the gateway to the Blue Mountains National Park.
The inn was once a staging post for travellers making the trip from Sydney over the Blue Mountains to Bathurst and the goldfields. Built it two sections, the first in 1826, it is one of the oldest buildings in Penrith, if not the oldest.
Due to its colourful history, the inn provides an interesting venue for local activities, tour groups, special events, school tours and exhibitions. The museum contains artefacts that were either used or manufactured in the local area and thousands of photos.
The Nepean District Historical Society meets at the Inn on the 4th Saturday of each month at 1pm and includes a guest speaker. Visitors are welcome.
The NSW Corps of Marines also call the Arms of Australia Inn Museum home, their members recreate the lives and times of the First Fleet Marines, sailors, convicts, gentlemen of quality and their ladies.